After seeing this completely adorable interview my sister did with her little girls I had to copy her with Will (6.5 yo) and Lucy (4.5 yo). I typed their answers verbatim as they spoke and interviewed them individually:
How do you know who to marry?
- Will: by how they look and how nice they are
- Lucy: by who takes care of me
What is the right age to get married?
- Will: 18
- Lucy: 20
How can a stranger tell if two people are married?
- Will: if they’re together, they would probably be holding hands
- Lucy: by them holding hands
What do you think your Mom & Dad have in common?
- Will: that you guys like to travel to all different places across the world
- Lucy: that they both have GitHub sweatshirts
What do most people do on a date?
- Will: they eat together, they hold hands on the way there, and they eat next to each other
- Lucy: they have fun
When is it okay to kiss someone?
- Will: at a wedding, after they’re married
- Lucy: when you ask them
Is it better to be single or married?
- Will: married, because it’s better to have someone around that cares about you and that loves you then it is to be all by yourself
- Lucy: married, because then you won’t be by yourself
How would the world be different if people didn’t get married?
- Will: everyone would be sad and they would be all by they’re selves and the people who like each other wouldn’t get to get married
- Lucy: that you wouldn’t have anyone to live with
How would you make a marriage work?
- Will: I would go to a fancy place and we would eat lots of cake for dessert and it would be dinner and it would be a nice bright day
- Lucy: I’m gonna ask her what things to do when she is sad and what will make her happy
Where do people get married?
- Will: at weddings
- Lucy: in a big house
Who are you going to marry?
- Will: Ellianna
- Lucy: Ellie K.