How do you know who to marry?
- Will: by how nice they are, how pretty they are, how hard they work, and how much they like me.
- Lucy: by if they um, if they do the same things as you and they’re a lot like you.
What is the right age to get married?
- Will: 21
- Lucy: 20
How can a stranger tell if two people are married?
- Will: if they’re walking together, if they are holding hands, um, if they kiss each other.
- Lucy: by if they have rings on their hands.
What do you think your Mom & Dad have in common?
- Will: they each work hard for us and both love each other, um, both like things.
- Lucy: that they both like to go on adventures and taste, and they like the tastes of lots of things.
What do most people do on a date?
- Will: go out and eat together, talk about why they like each other, and about what their interests and what they’d like to do if they got married and other stuff that’s important to them.
- Lucy: they go out to a restaurant.
When is it okay to kiss someone?
- Will: when you’re married, when you’re getting married, at a wedding, if you’re already married.
- Lucy: when they’re married
Is it better to be single or married?
- Will: to be married so that you can be free to do more things cause you don’t have to do a bunch of work, like, if you were single you’ll probably have to work all the time to get enough money to eat, but if you are married your wife will probably have a job so you don’t have to work all the time to get enough money and you can hang out with your kids if you have any.
- Lucy: to be married because you don’t have to do all the jobs, you can have somebody for when you’re lonely.
How would the world be different if people didn’t get married?
- Will: there would have to be a bunch of houses built, twice as many as if all the people in the world were married. There’d probably be a lot more dogs and dog poop because if all the people who have dogs today weren’t married there’d be twice as many dogs.
- Lucy: they would have to do all the jobs of everybody, they wouldn’t get to have babies, um, they wouldn’t have somebody to have when they’re lonely, they might not have enough money.
How would you make a marriage work?
- Will: Um, I would have a dog, some children, make sure my wife and I had jobs so that we could have enough money to support our children and ourselves. Make sure that we’d get to hang out with our kids and together. And we’d go on lots of hikes and vacations.
- Lucy: by um, the person who I married I would do lots of things they would want, we would put our money together, we would go on adventures, we would do what the other person wanted then do what the other person wanted.
Where do people get married?
- Will: in a castle, at um a ball, at a wedding, and a lot of other places
- Lucy: usually at churches, sometimes somewhere else, like at farms or something?
Who are you going to marry?
- Will: a person who is beautiful and sweet and likes me and would like to have children and would be okay if I was out driving a supercar some of the time and would like to hang out with her children and would do some of the work.
- Lucy: it’s somebody from my school, Alex C. He actually is pretty funny sometimes.