Around this time last year, we decided it was time for us to start supporting causes we believe in with some of our financial resources. We’re planning on ratcheting this up every year, so this year we’re adding two organizations to the seven we started supporting last year.
This is part of our 100 Things in 2017 challenge. Click on the photos for a closer look!
Here are the new additions:
- Southern Poverty Law Center, which fights hate and bigotry, and seeks justice for the most vulnerable members of our society
- Center for Reproductive Rights, which uses the law to advance reproductive freedom as a fundamental human right
And for reference, here are the ones we are still supporting:
- Planned Parenthood, which provides healthcare to millions of women, especially those who are low-income
- The American Civil Liberties Union, which protects the constitutional rights of American citizens
- The Human Rights Campaign, which advocates for LGBT rights
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations, which advocates for the civil rights of muslims living in the US
- The NAACP, which works to “ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race”
- The Natural Resources Defense Council, which works to avert climate change
- ProPublica, which funds great journalism and a strong press
Again, if you have some spare cash, we highly recommend finding a cause you believe in and sending some of it their way.